1. Setting up your MySQL and FTP server
This script requires PHP 5+ and MySQLi.
Now, first thing you want to do, is to make sure you create a MySQL database along with an user for it (IMPORTANT NOTE: Copy somewhere your mysql username, and password, as you will need them later), and setup your FTP server for the domain where the script will be installed.
So your requirements are:
- A) A MySQL database + MySQL user
- B) Domain name + FTP server.
2. Upload process
- The first step is to upload the content inside the folder "public_html" (IMPORTANT NOTE: Upload what's inside the folder public_html, not the script folder) into your public_html folder or into your default FTP root folder.
- Once your files are uploaded, set 777 permissions for "uploads" and, 755 for "uploads/cache".
- The second thing is to import the mysql file named "database.sql" from the "MySQL" folder.
3. Installation process
Now, after you uploaded everything, you can start the installation process.
Changes inside Script
With a text editor (e.g.: Notepad), open the following file located inside the 'public_html' folder: config.php.
Now, search for the following lines and replace with your own information:
- [line 23] define('DB_HOSTNAME', 'localhost'); - > if you are using a hosting that have an external database server, enter the database server url
- [line 24] define('DB_USERNAME', 'DB USERNAME'); - > enter your mysql username
- [line 25] define('DB_PASSWORD', 'DB PASSWORD'); - > enter your mysql username password
- [line 26] define('DB_DATABASE', 'DB NAME'); - > enter your mysql database name
- [line 35] define('DOMAIN_NAME', 'domain.com'); -> replace domain.com with your own domain name save and exit.